Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I wish I'd done this earlier

I have been HIV+ for over 30 years and have been in the process of writing a book about my journey with HIV. This process has been on and off for many years. Then I was stuck with procrastination about going forward with the book.

I had a complimentary coaching session with Anthony Venn-Brown and realised that the "Dare to be your Best program could be something that would be helpful for me.

It wasn’t long after I started the coaching sessions and after listening to Anthony’s advice on writing that I went back to the book and started afresh.  I write now every day and have currently written over 40,000 words which means the first draft is almost finished. 

I was also very impressed on how quickly we sorted out my real values, something I hadn’t given much thought to previously. I thought I knew what they were but when we dug deeper I was surprised with the results. When we evaluated the impact of the program in the final session I was able to tick off 93 things I had achieved during that time.

There was a moment of truth during a conversation with Anthony about a performance I had given.  I realised at that moment and Anthony agreed that I was a performer; this is my real calling in life.  It's a dream I let go of many years ago. This is the major area in my life that I will be working on now. Since I made that decision opportunities are opening up and given me a new lease on life.

Another major achievement from the coaching was that I am no longer a procrastinator. I do!  You can imagine how much happier this makes me feel.

I am extremely pleased that I took the challenge to “Dare to be My Best,” it is something I wish I had done earlier and highly recommend it to anyone wishing to move forward in their life.

David Polson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment