Thursday, November 1, 2007

This was the start of my new life

In 2006 I was in a rut.

At first I thought it was just the depression suffered from when my partner had died from cancer 18mths earlier, but I came to realise that I had dealt with the grief and was back in the same rut that I had been experiencing years earlier after leaving work and going on the pension.

I already knew Anthony and so decided to take up his offer to Dare to be My Best. I was feeling very negative about most things and the first few meetings didn't seem to produce much results, but Anthony was patient and after a time things began to change for me.

I became aware that I was still hanging on to an old belief that being HIV was going to kill me in a year or 2 and so wasn't making any future plans for my life. All I could see ahead was more of the same and so living one day at a time was all I had been doing.

This realisation was mind blowing. I knew consciously that I wasn't about to die, but I hadn't changed my unconscious belief, and this was running my life!

I began planning a future, taking charge of my health, and to cut a long story short, realised that I wasn't happy living in the city, so now reside in the Northern Rivers with my dog and have a lifestyle that I could have barely even dreamt of 3 years earlier.

The Dare to Be Your Best Program was the start of my new life.

Carl Taylor
Possum Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment